KET is pleased to announce the winners of Meet the Helpers, the inaugural KET Summer Story Contest that celebrates the everyday helpers and heroes who answer the call during the pandemic.
Children in K-3 grades were invited to submit stories describing selfless acts from the helpers they witness in their communities. KET Education is proud to announce six winners from across the Commonwealth. Read or listen to the authors read their entries below!
- Sadie Hofmann, Kindergarten, Jesse Stuart Elementary, Madisonville – My Doctor
- Nakshatra Vemula, First Grade, Bridgeport Elementary, Frankfort – Meet the Helpers
- Ellie Hofmann, Second Grade, Jesse Stuart Elementary, Madisonville – The Helpers In My Life
- Kumar Chetan Puli, Second Grade, Rosa Parks Elementary, Lexington – Meet Our Helpers
- Ellie Groene, Third Grade, Beechwood Elementary, Fort Mitchell – My Superhero Mom
- Francis Tullius, Third Grade, Kolbe Academy, Somerset – The Grandheroes vs the Coronavirus