KET is extending the enrollment and completion dates for a limited number of early childhood professional development courses. Enrollment has been extended until July 12, 2020 with completion required by July 30, 2020. During this time the courses are available at no cost.
KET’s self-paced courses are available anytime, anywhere via computer, allowing you to customize your learning to fit your needs and schedule.
It’s easy to register and enroll for KET’s online professional development courses. Just choose your course by clicking on the following titles:
- Promoting Positive Behavior in Schools I
- Promoting Positive Behavior in Schools II
- Safe and Sound: Reducing Stress for Young Children
- Healthy Me: Circle Time Activities
- An Introduction to the Kentucky Early Childhood Standards
- Classroom Video Production
For more information about KET early childhood PD, contact Susan Hines-Bricker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free PBS TeacherLine Courses
In addition to the KET courses above, PBS TeacherLine is offering free courses to early childhood educators! PBS TeacherLine’s facilitated and self-paced PD courses are designed to benefit both beginning and experienced teachers. Topics include science, reading, social studies, math, instructional strategies, and instructional technology. The courses are self-paced, accessible for one year after enrollment, and not eligible for graduate credit.
Each course has been approved for ECE-TRIS credit. Upon completion you will submit your certificate to ECE-TRIS in order to receive credit.
You can enroll in each course by clicking their titles below:
- SAEL1001 Challenging Behaviors in Early Childhood
- SAEL1002 Designing Early Childhood Classrooms for Social-Emotional Learning
- SAEL1003 Engaging with Families and Communities to Support Social-Emotional Learning
- SCIE 1301 – Science Teaching Strategies for Center-Based Preschool Educators for Certification
- SCIE 1303 – Science Teaching Strategies for Family Child Care Educators for Certification
- SCIE1305 Science Teaching Strategies for Family Child Care Educators for Certification in Spanish
- SCIE 1307 – K-2 Science Tips: Animal Adaptations
- SCIE 1309 – K-2 Science Tips: Energy & Motion
- SCIE1311 Playful Science Inquiry with Young Children
- INST1201 Thinking and Making with Media in PreK-2 Classrooms
- RDLA 1201 – Using Shared Reading to Teach and Engage All Readers
- RDLA1202 Engaging Young Learners with Informational Text: A Multimedia Approach with MOLLY OF DENALI™
- TECH 1205 – Approaches to Digital Assessment in Your Classroom
- TECH 1211 – Blended Learning and Flipped Classroom 101
- TECH1212 Not in my Classroom! How Media & Technology Supports Playful Learning in Preschool
- TECH1213 Create Playful Science Lessons with The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!
- TECH1215 Integrating Technology into Project Based Learning
- TECH 1221 – Digital Storytelling: Online Tools for Sharing Student Voices