Summer Photo Adventures Guidelines
- Only kids and teens entering pre-K through 12th grade in the fall of 2021 and who live in Kentucky are eligible.
- Only one submission per student.
- Children of KET employees are not eligible for giveaways or prizes.
- All submissions must be received digitally by midnight EST, August 31, 2021.
- Submissions must be uploaded via the online entry form at KET.org/PhotoAdventures.
- Photo file should be saved as a JPEG or PNG file. Please title the file with the student’s name and a one-word description, e.g. Jane Smith horses.jpg.
- Students may conference with family members and peers about their work.
- Photography must be original and student-generated. Choices about the subject and composition of the photo should be made by the student, though younger students may have assistance in working the camera/mobile device.
- No copyrighted names or images are allowed in the photo.
- All work must be original to and taken by the student during this summer (June-August of 2021).
- Please be sure your child or teen makes photographs safely with no danger to the photographer or anyone else.
- No selfies, please. We want to see your adventures, so be creative and have fun!
- The theme is Summer of Adventure–summer is the perfect time for kids and teens and their families and friends to have experiences together outside, which means lots of photo opportunities!
- Student photographers should take lots of photographs then choose one photo to submit to us to be included in our fall showcase.
- For examples visit our summer photo inspiration page.
- Younger photographers may need help uploading photos via the Entry Form.
- Encourage your photographer’s creativity and enjoy the fun summer adventures!
Rights associated with Summer Photo Adventures
Submission of the Entry Form constitutes permission for KET to use the participant’s name, likeness, biographical information, information and materials contained in the entry form, photographs, and any statements or remarks made about the contest in advertising and promotion without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. By entering, entrants agree to abide by the above stated rules, and warrant that their entry is their original work and does not infringe upon or violate rights of any third party, and grant to KET the right to edit, publish, promote, and otherwise use their entry materials without permission, notice or compensation. No royalties will be paid at this or any time. By submitting an entry and Entry Form, each participant (and parent or guardian) assigns all right, title, and interest in and to the entry and Entry Form to KET and warrants that the participant (and parent or guardian) has the authority to assign such right, title, and interest. In the event that any applicable law requires certain formalities to be fulfilled to effectuate such grant to rights, each participant (and parent or guardian) agrees to cooperate with KET to achieve fulfillment of such formalities. By submitting an Entry Form, each participant (and parent or guardian) agrees to be bound by these Summer Photo Adventures Rules. Each participant (and parent or guardian) agrees to release and hold KET and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, subsidiaries, parent companies, or other affiliated companies harmless from any and all damages, losses, claims and liabilities arising out of participation in Summer Photo Adventures or resulting from acceptance or claiming of any prize here under. To be eligible, an entrant must be a legal resident of Kentucky. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify ineligible entries; such entries will not be returned. KET reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, suspend or otherwise cancel Summer Photo Adventures at any time. Income and all other taxes are the responsibility of the prize recipient. KET is not responsible for any expenses incurred in connection with participation in Summer Photo Adventures.