Looking for ideas and resources to enhance learning and teaching, wherever they occur? Then pencil us in and save the day! Join KET’s outreach specialists and all-star Kentucky educators for this Virtual Learning Series of webinars, designed to help teachers engage students and discover new ways to incorporate easy-to-use, quality, education-focused content, for students of all grade-levels! All sessions are approved for professional development and ECE-TRIS credit unless otherwise indicated.
Computational Thinking: What? Why?
Date: June 22 at 6/5 pm
Length: 90 minutes
Target: PreK-3rd Grade Educators
Computational thinking is a logical, strategic way of thinking that requires cognitive skills like sequencing and planning and helps young children navigate possibilities, accomplish tasks, and solve problems that are meaningful to them. Join KET as we explore computational thinking resources developed through the Ready To Learn grant. This new content will encourage problem solving and critical thinking, flexible mindsets/habits of mind, and collaboration. We will introduce resource to encourage these skills by providing opportunities for children to use the design process, think outside the box, make connections, and develop a flexible mindset through play.
Although you will not receive professional development credit from KET, you can catch up on sessions you missed on the KET YouTube Channel. Here’s a taste of what you’ll find:
- Storytelling Through Thoughtful Video Projects
- It’s LIT! (and science, math, and history, too!): Virtual Learning Resources from PBS LearningMedia
- PBS LearningMedia + Digital Tools = Making Engaging Virtual Learning a Reality
- Teaching and Learning in the New Frontier
with Sam Northern, Simpson County Schools
- How Our Government Works: Helping Your Students Become Informed Citizens
- Are Students Watching My Virtual Videos? App Smashing Edpuzzle and Screencastify to See
with Dee Dee Webb, Grayson County Schools
- The Techy Teaching Toolbox
with Ashley Judd, Jackson County Schools
- Immerse Your Students in Educational Gaming with the Newest Mission US Adventure