Welcome to Virtual Media Lab Trainings
COVID-19 UPDATE: For the foreseeable future, KET will not be offering in-person visits to our Media Lab. However, we are offering FREE virtual sessions.
Sign Up Today! Online Virtual Media Lab Training Request Form
Through these free sessions, you and your students can build skills in media production and editing, explore apps to make project-based learning come to life in less time and for less cost, introduce students to GarageBand or Tinkercad, and find out about KET’s numerous online classroom resources for teaching media arts.
- There is a limit of 60 students. Teachers and staff numbers are unlimited.
- There is a limit of 2 training sessions/topics per day.
- Please submit a separate request for each desired training topic.
- You may submit additional request forms for more than one virtual training day.
- In most cases, the instructor will be using an iPad in leading these sessions.
- Prior to the training date and time, please make sure each student has the appropriate app(s) downloaded onto their respective devices. This is very important for the flow of the session.
- Video & Green Screen Editing with iMovie – (iOS), K-12
- Video Editing with Adobe Premiere Rush – (iOS, Android, Windows), 4-12
- Pre-coding with PBS Kids ScratchJr – (multi-platform) – An introduction, K-3
- Graphics and 3D Modeling with Tinkercad – (multi-platform) – An introduction, K-8
- Stop Motion Animation with Stop Motion Studio – (iOS and Android), K-8
- Animation with Do Ink – (iOS) – An introduction, K-12
- Music Production with GarageBand – (iOS), 4-12
- Adobe Photoshop Express – (iOS and Android), 4-12
- Basic Photography – (any camera), 4-12
- Photo Editing with Snapseed – (iOS and Android), 4-12
- VR/AR Creation with CoSpaces – (multi-platform) – An introduction, K-12
- Finding Reliable Information in a World of Misinformation: Student Media Literacy – (multi-platform), 6-12
Important planning notes:
- KET uses Cisco Webex for our virtual platform. Alternatively, teachers can invite our instructor as a guest within the live platform your class typically uses.
- Sessions are available for teachers and students grades K-12.
- Sessions will last about an hour and can be scheduled for Mondays through Fridays during the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. EST.