There’s a new date to remember this year for students attending college in 2017-18. For the first time, students seeking financial aid for higher education can fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) beginning on October 1.
In a special edition of KET’s Education Matters, a panel of financial aid experts from Kentucky colleges and the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority offered advice and fielded questions from viewers about the process.
Panelists for the program include:
- Michael Birchett, Director of Financial Aid at Bluegrass Community and Technical College
- Bob Fultz, Director of Financial Aid at Georgetown College
- Becky Gilpatrick, Director of Student Aid Services at the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority
- Sandy Neel, Executive Director of Financial Aid at the University of Louisville
Prichard Committee Student Voice Team panelists include:
- Pearl Mortem, a senior at Fern Creek High School in Louisville
- Sam Swayze, a senior at Lafayette High School in Lexington
- Madison Ortega, a freshman at Rowan County High School in Morehead
- Lishe Davis, a senior at Fern Creek High School in Louisville