In this KET Forum, hosted by Renee Shaw, Kentucky educators share their classroom experience since the COVID-19 outbreak and discuss how they’re addressing the mental health concerns among their teaching colleagues and their students. Scheduled guests appearing on the program include:
• Sarah Smorstad – a math and reading interventionist with Nicholasville Elementary in Jessamine County
• Commissioner Jason Glass – Kentucky Department of Education
• Dontryse Greer – district mental health specialist with Fayette County Public Schools
• Willie Edward Taylor Carver, Jr. – French and English teacher with Montgomery County High School and 2022 Kentucky Teacher of the Year
• Kaitlyn Mullins – English teacher with Pulaski County High School (via Skype)
Mental Health in Education: A KET Forum airs on Monday, March 21, at 9/8 pm on KET and on Thursday, March 24, at 10/9 pm on KET2.